Fall is in the air! Time to stock up on bricks for the colder months ahead and start coming with fun things to build! To help you get going, here’s what WisLUG has coming up this month:
- Sunday, Oct 8th, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison. Don’t forget about the monthly building competition. This month’s challenge – build something spooky! All builds are limited to a 32×32 baseplate and must be an original creation.
- Saturday, Oct 21st, 1-3:30pm – Milwaukee Area Meeting at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.
Thanks to everyone who came out to see us at Maker Faire Milwaukee in September. We had a great time showing off our work and building with LEGO fans. You can see photos from the event here.
Don’t forget, our November Madison meeting is being moved up to November 5th, due to our last major public event for the year being the following weekend – Trainfest in Milwaukee! Comes see WisLUG November 11-12 as we join model railroaders from across the country at State Fair Park in West Allis!
Fall approaches! Cooler weather and shorter days means more time spent indoors building. WisLUG members are gearing up for some great events in the next few months, so be sure to check out what we have coming up.
- Sunday, Sept 10th, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison. There will be a building contest! This month’s challenge is to build a scene from a movie or book. Entries must fit on a 32×32 baseplate.
- Saturday, Sept 16th, 1-3:30pm – Milwaukee Area Meeting at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.
- WisLUG Display and Play at the Maker Faire in Milwaukee.
Saturday, Sept 23rd & Sunday, Sept 24th, 2017 at the Maker Faire in Milwaukee,
Milwaukee State Fair Park, Wisconsin.
A huge thanks to the Fitchburg Public Library for having us visit them during the month of August. WisLUG members displayed their creations, while visitors tried their hands at a “zipline challenge” activity. It was great fun and even inspired an activity at the Milwaukee meeting later in the month! You can view pictures from the event here.
As always, if you are interested in checking out one of our monthly meetings, please be sure to review our membership guidelines. While WisLUG does allow teen members, our group meetings are aimed primarily at the Adult Fans of LEGO community. All are welcome at our public events!
Summer is rapidly coming to a close in Wisconsin, and we’re wrapping up the season with some fun activities in August.
We will kick off the month with a display event at the Fitchburg Public Library on Saturday, August 5 from 10am-noon. Come see WisLUG member creations and try your hand at a fun building activity, as we help the library celebrate the end of its summer reading program.
WisLUG will also hold its regularly scheduled meetings in the Madison and Milwaukee areas:
- Sunday, Aug 13th, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison. Don’t forget about the build challenge for this month! Members have been tasked with building a 1:1 replica of a real world object to pit against other members’ creations. What can you come up with?
Looking ahead, WisLUG members will once again be displaying at the Milwauke Maker Faire September 23-24, taking place at State Fair Park. In November, we will also be making our first appearance at Trainfest in Milwaukee!
Holy cow! What a month WisLUG just had!
Thank you to everyone who came out to see us or display with us at the Dane County Breakfast on the Farm, Brickworld Chicago, and BrickUniverse in Madison. Thousands of people had a chance to enjoy creations built by WisLUG members and we were happy to meet so many new fans.
Also, a hearty congrats to the WisLUG members who picked up awards at Brickworld this year. The group had eight nominations for individual awards, and picked up four wins. Not bad at all!
Fortunately, the rest of July will be a little more laid back for WisLUG and its members. This month, we resume our regularly scheduled meetings in Madison and Milwaukee:
Come for LEGO fun and fellowship with other adult fans. We’ll have some activities, share stories from the past month, and look at any creations people bring to show-off to the rest of the group.
If you are an AFOL who we met during one of our multiple events in the past month, please see the “About Us” page for more information about how to join WisLUG.
Looking ahead, our next public event will be August 5th at the Fitchburg Public Library. Come see our creations and try your hand at building a zipline racer!