Happy holidays from your friends at WisLUG!
December is a time for our members to visit with their families and friends – while also dreaming of what new LEGO® sets may be waiting for them under the Christmas tree. As a result, we will have NO meetings in Madison or Milwaukee this month and NO public displays.
Enjoy spending time with your loved ones! We will resume our normal schedule after the start of the new year.
We need the rest as well. WisLUG was proud to be a first time exhibitor at Trainfest in Milwaukee last month, where thousands of people stopped to admire our work during the two day event. We had a blast and plan to be back next year.
A couple of WisLUG members also took some time the weekend after Thanksgiving to display their work at the Mini Maker Faire in Pleasant Prairie. Thanks to all who stopped by to visit with them and learn about the great buildings they create out of LEGO bricks.
We already have some really big plans in the work for 2018, with several events we are super excited about. Stay tuned for some great opportunities to check out awesome LEGO creations from our members next year!
Hey LEGO fans! The end of 2017 is almost upon us and WisLUG has just a few more meetings and events going on this month before we take off December to celebrate the holidays!
Our biggest event for November will be at Trainfest 2017 on November 11-12. WisLUG members will join model railroaders from across the country at State Fair Park in West Allis for the largest operating model railroad show in the country. This is our first year at the event, so be sure to come by and check us out!
November meeting info:
- Sunday, Nov 5th, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison. Take note that the Madison meeting this month is on the FIRST Sunday of November, due to the regular date conflicting with Trainfest. Don’t forget about this month’s build contest – something you are thankful for. Builds should be original, never entered in a contest before, and no larger than a 32×32 baseplate.
- Saturday, Nov 18th – Milwaukee Area Meeting. This month’s meeting will NOT be at Mayfair Mall. Milwaukee members will be meeting at a member’s house for a holiday party. If you need details about this, please reach out through the “contact us” link at the top of the page or check the Milwaukee channel on the WisLUG Slack page.
A few WisLUG members will also be showing their work at the Mini Maker Faire in Pleasant Prairie. This event will take place November 25 at the Pleasant Prairie Rec Plex. If you’re in the area, it’s a perfect excuse to escape from the drudgery of holiday shopping!
Reminder – WisLUG will NOT be holding regular meetings in Madison or Milwaukee during the month of December. We will resume our normal meeting schedule in January.
Fall is in the air! Time to stock up on bricks for the colder months ahead and start coming with fun things to build! To help you get going, here’s what WisLUG has coming up this month:
- Sunday, Oct 8th, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison. Don’t forget about the monthly building competition. This month’s challenge – build something spooky! All builds are limited to a 32×32 baseplate and must be an original creation.
- Saturday, Oct 21st, 1-3:30pm – Milwaukee Area Meeting at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.
Thanks to everyone who came out to see us at Maker Faire Milwaukee in September. We had a great time showing off our work and building with LEGO fans. You can see photos from the event here.
Don’t forget, our November Madison meeting is being moved up to November 5th, due to our last major public event for the year being the following weekend – Trainfest in Milwaukee! Comes see WisLUG November 11-12 as we join model railroaders from across the country at State Fair Park in West Allis!
Fall approaches! Cooler weather and shorter days means more time spent indoors building. WisLUG members are gearing up for some great events in the next few months, so be sure to check out what we have coming up.
- Sunday, Sept 10th, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison. There will be a building contest! This month’s challenge is to build a scene from a movie or book. Entries must fit on a 32×32 baseplate.
- Saturday, Sept 16th, 1-3:30pm – Milwaukee Area Meeting at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.
- WisLUG Display and Play at the Maker Faire in Milwaukee.
Saturday, Sept 23rd & Sunday, Sept 24th, 2017 at the Maker Faire in Milwaukee,
Milwaukee State Fair Park, Wisconsin.
A huge thanks to the Fitchburg Public Library for having us visit them during the month of August. WisLUG members displayed their creations, while visitors tried their hands at a “zipline challenge” activity. It was great fun and even inspired an activity at the Milwaukee meeting later in the month! You can view pictures from the event here.
As always, if you are interested in checking out one of our monthly meetings, please be sure to review our membership guidelines. While WisLUG does allow teen members, our group meetings are aimed primarily at the Adult Fans of LEGO community. All are welcome at our public events!