Summer is here! While many of us are spending more time outdoors, WisLUG still has plenty of LEGO fun going on this month. Here’s what’s coming up.
- REMINDER – there are NO monthly meetings in Madison or Milwaukee this month. We will resume meetings in July at both of our normal locations.
- Saturday June 10 – WisLUG members will be displaying at the Dane County Breakfast on the Farm, which celebrates June Dairy month. We will be at Blue Star Dairy in Middleton from 7am-1pm.
- Saturday/Sunday June 17-18 – WisLUG members will join hundreds of other builders for displays at Brickworld Chicago. This fan convention offers the public a chance to see thousands of creations made by LEGO builders from around the world. It’s one of the premium LEGO events in the US and should not be missed!
Also, coming up in early July, WisLUG members will be displaying at BrickUniverse – Madison, which will take place at the Monona Terrace Convention Center in downtown Madison July 1-2.
As always, thanks to those who came out to see us during Maker Faire Madison in May. We were happy to meet so many LEGO fans from the community and we will be making plans to return next year.
Spring is finally starting to make an appearance, which is a good thing – WisLUG has plenty of activities coming up this month and we would hate to see anyone stuck at home and unable to come out and join us!
While we do have regular meetings in May, our big event will be an appearance at the Madison Mini Maker Faire, which will take place at the Monona Terrace Convention Center in the heart of downtown on May 13 from 10am-5pm. WisLUG members will be displaying their creations and offering a build activity for members of the public. Be sure to see us during this great community event!
We’ll also have our usual monthly meetings:
Don’t forget that Brickworld Chicago is just a little over a month away! Make plans to come see WisLUG and hundreds of other LEGO builders at this annual event in Schaumburg. It’s truly a spectacle not to be missed by any fan of the brick. Be sure to join their mailing list for possible discounts on tickets!
Coming up in July, WisLUG has also been invited to display at the BrickUniverse Madison LEGO Fan Expo, which will also be taking place at Monona Terrace. Join us at this traveling event for a session full of fun and wonder!
Thanks as well to everyone who joined us at the Sauk City Library in April. Our members love our annual visit there. You can see photos from the event here!
Fall has officially arrived in Wisconsin. Cooler weather means more time spent inside building for many of us, but be sure to get out and see what WisLUG has going on this month.
- Sunday, Oct 9, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting will once again be at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison. The location worked out great last month and we were happy to see so many members join us. Please be sure to come again.
- Saturday, Oct 15, 1-3:30pm – Milwaukee Area Meeting at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.
As always, feel free to bring stuff to trade, a new set or MOC to show off, or anything else LEGO-related you wish to share with the group. Spontaneous drafts or trips to buy LEGO may always break out.
September saw over a dozen members display their creations at Maker Faire Milwaukee. This was the first time WisLUG has taken part in this event and it was a great success. Be sure to check out photos from the weekend.
Don’t forget – WisLUG will once again have a member-built Christmas ornament competition at the November meetings. Bring your best ornament designs to compete against other members of the LUG. There will be prizes at both the Madison and Milwaukee meetings. These ornaments will then be featured at our upcoming display during the Olbrich Botanical Gardens Holiday Express show in December.
That’s all for this month. Be sure to come out and join us!
Summer is rapidly coming to a close, but don’t despair…WisLUG has a ton of cool activities coming up this fall for members to enjoy. Be sure to check out our calendar of upcoming events for the month of September and see if you can join us!
Our monthly meetings:
- Sunday, Sept 11th, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison.
Please note the different location! We are trying out this location for September before we decide to make it a permanent change.
- Saturday, Sept 17th, 1-3:30pm – Milwaukee Area Meeting at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.
Bring a MOC to share or a work in progress you want feedback on. Built a cool new set recently? Cool! We want to see it, so bring it to pass around. There’s a possibility of a set draft at the Madison meeting this month, so bring some cash.
Also this month, members will be displaying their creations at Maker Faire in Milwaukee , taking place at State Fair Park on September 24-25. Stop by and see us, along with hundreds of other makers from across the region. We still have slots available during the afternoon shifts on both days, so please let me know if you would be interested in joining us for a shift to display with the LUG.
- Start planning now for our November meetings, where we will once again be having a Christmas ornament building contest as we prepare for our annual display at Madison’s Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Members in both Madison and Milwaukee will have a chance to win prizes for their best LEGO ornament creations.
- We can still use some smaller creations for Olbrich to help fill out the display case. If you have a build you would like to show, get in touch with Andrew.
That’s all for this month. Hope to see everyone at an event!