Summer is here! While many of us are spending more time outdoors, WisLUG still has plenty of LEGO fun going on this month. Here’s what’s coming up.
- REMINDER – there are NO monthly meetings in Madison or Milwaukee this month. We will resume meetings in July at both of our normal locations.
- Saturday June 10 – WisLUG members will be displaying at the Dane County Breakfast on the Farm, which celebrates June Dairy month. We will be at Blue Star Dairy in Middleton from 7am-1pm.
- Saturday/Sunday June 17-18 – WisLUG members will join hundreds of other builders for displays at Brickworld Chicago. This fan convention offers the public a chance to see thousands of creations made by LEGO builders from around the world. It’s one of the premium LEGO events in the US and should not be missed!
Also, coming up in early July, WisLUG members will be displaying at BrickUniverse – Madison, which will take place at the Monona Terrace Convention Center in downtown Madison July 1-2.
As always, thanks to those who came out to see us during Maker Faire Madison in May. We were happy to meet so many LEGO fans from the community and we will be making plans to return next year.
Spring is finally starting to make an appearance, which is a good thing – WisLUG has plenty of activities coming up this month and we would hate to see anyone stuck at home and unable to come out and join us!
While we do have regular meetings in May, our big event will be an appearance at the Madison Mini Maker Faire, which will take place at the Monona Terrace Convention Center in the heart of downtown on May 13 from 10am-5pm. WisLUG members will be displaying their creations and offering a build activity for members of the public. Be sure to see us during this great community event!
We’ll also have our usual monthly meetings:
Don’t forget that Brickworld Chicago is just a little over a month away! Make plans to come see WisLUG and hundreds of other LEGO builders at this annual event in Schaumburg. It’s truly a spectacle not to be missed by any fan of the brick. Be sure to join their mailing list for possible discounts on tickets!
Coming up in July, WisLUG has also been invited to display at the BrickUniverse Madison LEGO Fan Expo, which will also be taking place at Monona Terrace. Join us at this traveling event for a session full of fun and wonder!
Thanks as well to everyone who joined us at the Sauk City Library in April. Our members love our annual visit there. You can see photos from the event here!
April showers bring…brick flowers? This month has certainly gotten off to a wet start, so maybe that will actually work out for us to stay inside and get some building done.
Here’s what WisLUG has coming up this month:
- Saturday, April 8th, 10am-12pm – Display and Play at Sauk City Public Library,
515 Water St, Sauk City, Wisconsin 53583.
- Sunday, April 9th, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison.
- Saturday, April 15th, 1-3:30pm – Milwaukee Area Meeting at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.
Don’t forget about the building competition at the Madison meeting this Sunday. Members picked up light bricks at the last meeting, which they need to creatively work in to a creation to compete against other members. If you missed out on getting the bricks, you can see the part here. Extras will be available at Sunday’s meeting if you are interested in doing some last minute building. You can use one or as many as you can fit in. Up to five can be provided to each member.
WisLUG had a great event at the Milton Public Library in March. Thanks to everyone who came out and joined us for our display and to check out the newly renovated library! You can see pictures from the event here.
Interested in joining us at a display this spring? Check out our calendar of upcoming events.
Spring is in the air, and it will be a very busy season for WisLUG members. Here’s what we have coming up this month:
- Saturday, March 11th, 11am-2pm, Public Display and Play Event
at Milton Public Library, 430 E High St, Milton, Wisconsin 53563
- Sunday, March 12th, 1-4pm – Madison Area Meeting at Bricks and Minifigs – Madison.
- Saturday, March 18th, 1-3:30pm – Milwaukee Area Meeting at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.
A huge thanks to everyone who came out to join us at the Hedberg Public Library in Janesville last month. Nearly 700 people came through during the few hours we were there. If you waited in line, thanks for your patience and we hope you had fun. You can see photos from the event here. We are planning to be back again next spring.
WisLUG t-shirts are now available for members. If you are interested in ordering one, please see information on Slack or bring money to one of our March meetings.
Interested in joining us at an event this spring? Check out our calendar of upcoming events.